For More Projects Click on Projects
Consultancy, Strategic Communications – MEW/PR II PN: 2015.2000-6-001.03
GIZ/ Institutional Development for Energy in Afghanistan (IDEA)/ Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW)
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
START DATE / COMPLETION DATE
November 2017 – December 2017
To design and implement a communication /Public Relation strategy. In order to positively highlight results of MEW – Energy Sector in the country. In other words to further elaborate to design and present a strategy for implementing public education campaigns that increase awareness of the goals and achievements of the Energy Sector and its clients.
- Specific Tasks and Responsibility
- Develop the Communication /PR Strategy taking in consideration the internal and external aspects of communication in MEW.
- Provide on the Job training to the PR/Unit of MEW in communication.
- Develop action plan in order to implement the Communication strategy.
- Write and edit a variety of materials (e.g., memos, press releases, presentations, emails, media pitches, and web content) and provide on the job training on same document to the PR Unit of MEW.
- Archive and track completed documents to help maintain documentation development of the PR.
- DV will be required to initiate capacity development training and workshops for the MEW staff that will make them capable to undertake similar activities in the future.
- Produce and review charts, graphs, tables, presentations, letters, and other documents as requested. Support MEW/PR to demonstrate development of professional network with media contacts, database tools and pitching media to secure client coverage.
- Develop blogging tools, publishing software and other social media platforms.
- Support MEW PR unit to understand the associated press style guidelines.
- Work with PR Unit of MEW and others to develop a strategy and implementation plan to promote Energy sector in the country.
- Communicate with and maintain a regular dialogue with MEW – Main Department and other stakeholder to have the overall update from the Energy Sector achievement from the prospective of the PR.
- To design develop and disseminating all outreach materials and activities to advertise beneficiaries’ products to target audience and media, including outreach folders and fact sheets, newsletters, blog entries, tweets, brochures, website, photo essays, video and audio components for broadcast, print media etc.
- Prepare factsheets, Brochure, media clip for policy and available planning documents.