Consultancy, Strategic Communications – Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW)/Public Relations (PR) department
CLIENTGIZ/ Institutional Development for Energy in Afghanistan (IDEA)/ Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW)
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT03 Months
START DATE / COMPLETION DATESep to Dec, 2016
To design and implement a communication /Public Relation strategy. In order to positively highlight results of MEW – Energy Sector in the country. In other words to further elaborate to design and present a strategy for implementing public education campaigns that increase awareness of the goals and achievements of the Energy Sector and its clients.
- Specific Tasks and Responsibility
- Develop the Communication /PR Strategy taking in consideration the internal and external aspects of communication in MEW.
- Provide on the Job training to the PR/Unit of MEW in communication.
- Develop action plan in order to implement the Communication strategy.
- Write and edit a variety of materials (e.g., memos, press releases, presentations, emails, media pitches, and web content) and provide on the job training on same document to the PR Unit of MEW.
- Archive and track completed documents to help maintain documentation development of the PR.
- DV will be required to initiate capacity development training and workshops for the MEW staff that will make them capable to undertake similar activities in the future.
- Produce and review charts, graphs, tables, presentations, letters, and other documents as requested. Support MEW/PR to demonstrate development of professional network with media contacts, database tools and pitching media to secure client coverage.
- Develop blogging tools, publishing software and other social media platforms.