For More Projects Click on Projects
Contract No. 144887-S23497 TA-8018 REG: Establishing a Pilot Center to Facilitate Climate Technology Investments in Asia and the Pacific-Promotion of Investment in Climate Technology Products through Venture Capital Funds (Subproject 1) – Environmental Specialist (45134-004)
Asian Development Bank
Office of the Cluster Head, SDSC
Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
START DATE / COMPLETION DATE
05 Oct, 2018 – 31 Dec, 2018
- Liaise with the Executing Agency, to conduct initial examination of direct and indirect environmental impacts of the projects under Tranche 6, the alternatives and associated facilities including physical impacts (air and water quality, noise and vibration, soils and wastes, etc.), ecological impacts (plants, wildlife, and protected areas), and socio-economic impacts (impacts to social environment, infrastructure, traffic, etc).
- The indicative projects under the proposed Tranche are a 10-20 MW ground-mounted solar PV plant at Naghlu; up to 3 solar PV minigrids in off-grid provinces and rooftop solar PV in government, residential and commercial buildings in Kabul.
- For each project under the Tranche, prepare an Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) report and Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan (EMP) following the format and contents specified in the ADB Safeguard Policy Statement (2009) and ensure rigor in the English version; Ensure that the cost of implementing mitigation measures for identified environmental management and monitoring plans, and any strengthening measures, are included in the proposed cost.
- Liaise with the Executing Agency in organizing meaningful consultation with affected people and appropriate documenting consultation processes, to ensure that vulnerable groups have sufficient opportunities to participate in consultations; and,
- Assist in preparing inputs to the Periodic Financing Request Report and the updated Facility Administration Manual. The Environment Specialist will work closely with the engineering team and report on a regular basis to the ADB project officer on the progress of detailed tasks. The consultant will be engaged for 2.5 months intermittently, during the period 15 September 2018 to 31 December 2018. By 30 October 2018, the consultant shall submit to the Executing Agency, the IEE and EMP of the proposed projects incorporating comments from ADB.