For More Projects Click on ProjectsProjects
Investment Promotion Desk Development project of Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW) of Afghanistan
LOCATION34 provinces of Afghanistan
Ministry of Energy & Water (MEW)
Yew Consultancy Service Private Limited of India
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENTFive Months
START DATE / COMPLETION DATE01 Nov, 2017 – 31 Mar, 2018
Areas of Performance Service by the Local Partner
- Design and Establishment of IPD:
- Study broad policy framework for setting up power projects in Afghanistan.
- Identify and finalize key tasks/activities of the Investment Promotion Desk in consultation with the Deputy Minister, MEW.
- Design an appropriate organization structure for the Investment Promotion Desk.
- Prepare job descriptions for each position of the Investment Promotion Desk and assist the Deputy Minister in (to) filling these positions with appropriate staff.
- Prepare a various information material in the form of brochures/flyers/pamphlets and other related information documents for the private power companies.
- Prepare comprehensive guidelines for private investments in the Afghanistan power sector.
- Coordinate with related Ministries/Agencies to identify approval processes and document the same.
- Operationalization and Hand Holding of the IPD:
- Operationalize the Investment Promotion Desk.
- Oversee the functioning of the Desk and assist in resolving all promising issues which may arise.
- Advise MEW in preparing all relevant analysis/notes/proposals for project negotiations and approvals.
- Bid Process Management for the award of power projects to private power companies.
- Assist MEW in drafting/negotiating various project agreements, such as (the) Land Lease Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements etc.
- Capacity Building of IPD Staff in the following areas:
- Public policy formulation, particularly for the private sector.
- Project appraisal.
- Preparation of information brochures/documents.
- Bid process management.
- Tariff analysis.
- PPA negotiations
- In addition to the above mentioned tasks the Local professional also need to fulfil the following activities exclusively
- Conducting required studies to form basis for the execution of the assignment
- Provide guidance in preparation of supporting documentation and review of documentation
- Collect all necessary data / information from relevant sources along with development, analysis and maintenance of required database.
- Translate the relevant information in English/Dari Language.
- Co-ordination with MEW and GIZ during the project tenure
- Assist to provide the necessary training to MEW and other relevant agencies
- Prepare time lines for the action plans in the form of bar charts. Identify and assign responsibilities against each activity in the action plans.
- In order to achieve each goal / target, the consultant shall identify in sufficient detail the activities and works required including the kind of agencies which will carry out these tasks including data collection and local co-ordination.
- Present the final products to the MEW Energy Division and other relevant entities through a workshop.