Three compounds of MoD are considered to be switching from fossil-fuel to renewable energies the task has been assigned to DV through Sustainable Electrification Plan for Three Military Compounds (Kabul, Mazar-e-Sharif and Helmand) of Ministry of Defense (MoD) by GIZ/ Institutional Development for Energy in Afghanistan (IDEA).
Analysis of existing situation of diesel generators and power schemes in three military compounds of MoD, assessing the possibilities for alternate REN sources (including space, technical & financial viability), developing a business model and financial scheme, providing complete design package and supporting implementation of the project. This includes the whole process of switching from fossil-fuel to renewable energies (but not implementation).
Three compounds of MoD are as follows:
- Kabul , Communication Unit in Macrorayan 1
- Mazar-e-Sharif, 209 Corps Headquarter
- Helmand, 215 Corps Headquarters
- Assessment of energy use and supply in three compounds of MOD
- Comprehensive assessment of various renewable energy technologies and applicable sources in proposed three compounds of MOD
- Identify and propose specific prospective renewable energy projects for the three compounds of MOD
- Develop a Business Model and recommend Sustainable Financial Schemes/Mechanisms
- Provide complete design package for implementers
- Provide support to MOD in contracting the projects
- The project will be completed in three months starting from July 2016.